Project geography: Astana and Almaty
Brief description: The project aims to provide organizational, financial, charitable assistance to orphans contained in SOS - children's villages in Astana, Almaty, Temirtau for the comprehensive development and education of full citizens of society.
Thanks to the support of JSC "Samruk-Kazyna", carried out since 2013:
- 700 orphans were able to find a home and parental care in SOS-children's villages,
- 1306 families in difficult life situations received psychological, social and legal assistance.
Experience shows that traditional children's homes are less effective in educating the younger generation, they can not provide an individual approach to each child. In this regard, within the framework of the project "Caring home for a child" SOS children's villages were created, where children receive care and warmth of SOS-mother, and her sensitive observation and enormous patience help the team of specialists to see the strengths and develop the best qualities of pupils.
This is the key to the success of all educational and developmental work. Corporate Fund "SOS children's villages of Kazakhstan" thanks to the support of the state and JSC "Samruk-Kazyna" for three years successfully carries out activities for the acquisition of pupils of this house in SOS Children's villages.
The results of the project for 2018:
- family support Centers (Almaty, Astana and Temirtau) were used by 258 families: 123 families in difficult life situations, 17 families from children's villages, 96 foster families, 22 families after the reintegration (return) of children from children's villages in biological families;
- within the framework of the school of adoptive parents, 70 candidates for adoptive parents have been prepared;
- on the basis of Children's villages created 5 professional SOS family, under the care of which are 16 children (13 children SOS, 3 blood), of which 1 family "Zhansaya" (SOS Temirtau), provides services for children in difficult situations and their temporary detention, at this time on temporary maintenance is 3 children. This form of service provides an opportunity to reduce the stress state of the child during removal from the family, it is not placed in the center of adaptation of children, and placed in SOS village in the family "Zhansaya" (SOS Temirtau) to determine the status;
- Children's development center for pre-school and additional education, opened on the basis of a Children's village in Astana, is visited by 104 children, of which 46% of children free of charge;
- The mother and child centre (crisis centre) "Asar", opened on the basis of a Children's village in Almaty, for women in difficult life situations, covered 18 beneficiaries (36 children).